Ready to see what else was at the fair? I have a few things I can show you.
I think in general there were fewer quilts this year. It would have been a good year to put in one of my own! But it didn't work out. Oh well...
This was a popular one made from old calendars: (You can click on any picture to see a larger version.)
It was tied to the backing at the corners and not quilted. I don't think it had anything for batting. I think that technically makes it a coverlet, but I'm not positive about that.
You can see this one got a grand champion ribbon:
It's a lovely simple pattern with nine patches on point.
And for the first year that I have noticed, a tshirt quilt made it to the fair:
This one is particularly ambitious with a lot of shirts included. I have one in mind that I would like to have done by next summer. I hear they are a pain to do. We'll see.
Here are some cheerful penguins:
It's a cute idea, but a little busy for me.
This is a very lovely design, and could be a very nice "charm" quilt (where no fabric is used more than once):
I couldn't tell if this was a magic piecing method or applique. If anyone recognizes it, let me know, would you? Thanks.
I thought this was a nice patriotic quilt:
Even though the red, white and blue theme can get overbearing awfully quick, they always catch my eye. I like this one.
A nice rooster quilt--fussy cut blocks with log cabin borders:
And a smaller wall hanging to match the larger wall hanging (I guess):
The next one is a cute idea for a baby or child quilt. They've added a ribbon ruffle into every seam. Very sweet.
For Julie, I have to show the crayon art that came in:
There were two of them, but this one got a 3rd place ribbon. I thought it was a rather simple one after what Julie showed us she could do. But then I saw this one in the 4-H section:
They knew what they were doing!
They had a lot of furniture at this year's fair:
and you can't miss the grill someone entered. Fabulous.
One more for my mom:
This lovely rooster painted with toothpicks.
Of course, there was a lot more to see. It's always fun to see what people are doing and making.
Second quilt top for September 2026...............
-
I'm showing the close up shot first for the true color.
The greens don't jump out at you like the blues, but there are several of
them in the quilt top t...
16 hours ago



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!