Friday, September 11, 2009

Too Much Excitement

I have finished all the knitting of my Deep V Vest! There is so much excitement welling up inside of me, I'm not sure I can sleep.

I was working on the ribbing for the last couple days living in a cozy state of equal parts confidence and denial. Confidence because I did not even try it on after I cut the steeks--just dove right into knitting the ribbing. Denial because I was not going to even consider the possibility of it not fitting me.

I told Troy at some point that if it did not fit, I was going to be completely crushed. I was falling more and more in love with the vest as it neared completion.

Tonight I cast off the last stitch; worked in the last end; and finally tried it on.

IT FITS! IT FITS!

I resisted the urged to sleep in it and instead soaked it and blocked it and can now look forward to wearing it on Sunday to Red Purl.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...