Here is this week's block, called the Butter Churn:
You can see I went with the bold red in the centre pinwheel. I can't have everything low contrast! I used the chicken wire background again and managed to get it all lined up in the same direction. I also lined up the stripes in the border around the pinwheel.
Here's the back:
I sewed this block by machine the same day that I did the county fair block.
Here is a mock layout of all the blocks so far:
As you can see, I am thinking of having four 12" blocks and anchoring the quilt with them in the corners. For the rest, I am randomly throwing the blocks into the layout. Kim and I plan to get together over Christmas to try out layouts and offer opinions on each other's quilts. Certainly nothing will be final before that.
Here is Kim's block:
Section sewn............. - Yesterday I cleared off three tables, finished basting my friend's quilt, mixed two batches of cookie dough and got a ten row section sewn on my other fri...
7 hours ago