Ready for another block? It's a big one this week:
Literally big because it is one of my 12" blocks. And also "big" because there were quite a few pieces and sub-units to put together. I didn't want to even think about doing this in the 6" size!
I chose fabrics with lines on them for the windows. I thought they sort of looked like sunstreaks on the windows.
Of course, I chose the fabrics for the entire block with care, but I wasn't really sure how it was going to come together. When it was done and I held it back for a better look, I was pleased that it has a pretty low-contrast look. I'm not crazy about the green fabric on the bottom but if it continues to bother me, I can fairly easily switch it out later. (I have a feeling I won't.) But I did buy a new fat quarter of green fabric so I won't have to use it again if I don't want to!
The only strong contrasting fabric is the chimneys:
I thought about using a softer colour, but I was too enamoured with the little random squares looking a bit like bricks on the chimney! :)
Here is a look at all the blocks done so far in a mock layout:
Things are starting to fill in!
________________
Kim had sent me a message that her block was done, and I hadn't even started mine! I had some stuff going on that week so I let her know that it may be a little bit. But then on Friday evening at 10:00, I looked at the clock and said, "Ok, you have one hour. Let's see what you can do." So I worked on it for one hour...and then just a little bit more, and boom! I had my block done!
So I was able to Skype with Kim the next day and we could share our blocks with each other. Kim got a mischievous little grin on her face and showed me this:
What? That's not the same block! No, it is not. She had redesigned the farm house block to look like the farm house we grew up in! What a little sneak! It's a great block, though, and she was proud of it, as she should be.
I'm not sure.....................
-
I thought it might take between a half hour and an hour to find the fabrics
to make this Zipper quilt. It took me an hour to get from 12 fabrics to
the ...
19 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!