Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Plaidish Quilt has been Finished; Now Blogged

If you're keeping track, you'll know I titled my May 22 post "Close to a Finish" and then never mentioned the project again!

Well, I did finished the project soon after, and even took pictures. But then, you know, life.


So without any further delay, here is my finished Plaidish quilt:
Final measurements are 62x79".

The simple quilting follows the piecing and gives a good texture without competing with the design.
It's kind of the obvious choice, but it works.
A couple more shots from when it was hanging:

I've mentioned that the binding was a juvenile novelty print but it was so narrow, you can hardly tell.

I'll repeat myself by saying again how much fun this pattern was. Give it a try! (Details and link below.)
The pattern has stuck in my head and I often think about how to do a one or three colour version. It's fun to see different versions pop up on Instagram. (Check out #plaidishquilt.)

Here's a picture of the quilt on my (queen size) bed:
It generously covers the top, but isn't wide enough to hang over the edge.

Project summary
Started: July 30, 2019
Finished: May 24, 2020
Size: 62"x79"
Almost 100% scraps with a few pieces from fat quarters.
Cotton batting.
Walking foot quilting on my Viking Sapphire.
All blog posts about this quilt: link

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your Plaidish quilt, Christina!! Seeing it made me want to try one of my own. That won't happen soon, but eventually!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...