Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Comfort Knitting Needed

I've been feeling a little sick the last few days. And although I try hard not to whine, in my head there is a constant drone. And yesterday I realized that I needed some more comfort knitting.

The problem with my Truffle Tunic is that the colourwork has got me down. I like it, don't get me wrong. But I was just never picking it up. I know, in my head, that the "tricky" part of the long floats would be over quickly if I would just get to it.

But I'm not getting to it.


And now I'm sick[ish] and feeling sorry for myself and really wanting some more comfort knitting.

That's when I had the great idea. I could put the front with all its colourwork on a stitch holder and start on the back. The back is just miles and miles of plain knitting--just what I needed.

And that's exactly what I did.

The stitches from the front are on a holder, and the whole thing is in a time out.

And now I am done the rows of 1x1 ribbing and started on the 3x3 ribbing. Five more inches of that to go.
That sad part of the story is that I forgot that the ribbing is done on smaller needles. So I could have actually started the back without worrying about the stitch holder. And it would have saved me one time of casting on and knitting 111 stitches and having to rip it all out. ::philosophical shrug:: That's alright, comfort knitting is so good I don't mind doing it twice.

And now I'm going to go do some more...(cough cough, sniff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...