Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time for Class!

Remember my Hat Heel socks? I knit them in a weekend when I went to the AQS show in Des Moines last fall.

Last week I knit the pattern again in Lorna's Laces worsted, in a two colour pattern that really shows the different sections it's constructed of.

And why did I do this? (Besides getting a lovely sock to wear.) Because I am offering a class on this interesting and comfortable sock design.

Classes are on the Friday nights of April 16 & 23, starting at 6 pm. We'll go to 7:30 "officially," but Friday night knit nights go til 9, so we can stay later if we want. If we need another week, we can do that too. (I'd say, "I'm easy," but I wouldn't want you to think I was a pushover as a teacher--I like to think I run a tight ship!!)
I've converted the pattern for worsted weight, so they go fast. I made the sample sock Saturday to Sunday even while going to work on Saturday, church on Sunday and performing all my other regular weekend duties. In other words, they're really fast!

I did add a slip-stitch/moss stitch pattern to the foot of my sample sock
(it doesn't help anyone to get bored), but you can do yours in stocking stitch if you'd like to keep it simple.

If you'd like to sign up for class, contact Red Purl. I've got tips on the pattern and can show you how to get a good start knitting circles that start from the center. (It's tricky, but we'll do it together!)

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...