Sunday, April 12, 2009

Better Plastic Bag Class

It has been announced, and published on Red Purl's website and I quote:

PLARN:
BETTER PLASTIC BAG
 with Christina

2 lessons, 4 hours total

Date & Time-Thursday April 16 & 30th 6-8pm
Cost-$25 plus materials
Experience Required-Some crochet or knitting 

Details-Tired of all the shopping bags piling up in your house? Turn them into a Better Plastic Bag for projects, groceries, day trips, whatever! You'll learn how to make plarn [PLastic yARN] and how to crochet it into a tote. Choice of two sizes and two handle options. We will also discuss how to work with different colored bags to create patterns. Now go round up all those bags and your neighbor's too! Please bring to class:  A total of 60-100 shopping bags, but you don't need to have them all at the first class. (Bring 10-20.)  Scissors for cutting plastic.


There it is. You'll also need a large crochet hook, size K (6.5 mm) is good. Amy has them available at the shop if you need to buy one.

I happen to know that there is still space available but less than a week until it starts. If you're interested, contact the shop soon. Either stop in or call the number on her website. She's not open Tuesdays or Wednesdays so there really aren't that many days left to sign up. Stop procrastinating: you know you want to try it.

It's my first formal class, but it's not like I haven't taught this stuff before. I did a lot of tutoring in our church knitting group for one. It's a little ironic that it's a crochet class since I think of myself much more as a knitter. But, fortunately, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Lots of people I met in Red Purl had asked for a class, so I guess I'm just giving "the people" what they want.

Just a note about using better plastic bags: be prepared for attention. People love them and will think you are so clever that they will want to detain you in conversation just hoping some of the cleverness will rub off on them. Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...