And just because I am obsessed with Kitchenering and managed it in garter, I'll show that too:
|Can you find it? Don't worry, you're not really supposed to!|
I'm also working on a liturgical stole. I knit the base a while ago and finally figured out how I could use it. I'm also going to apply some embroidered symbols:
I applied to have my orange and grey zig zag quilt in the Shipshewana Quilt Festival and just found out Monday that it was accepted!!
This also means I have to add an identification label and a hanging sleeve to the back of the quilt before June 18 when I have to turn it in.
I've done a little more quilting on my Mt Robson quilt. Here's a piece of the sky
Of course, I have been keeping up with the Farm Girl Vintage I'm doing with my sister. In addition to sewing blocks, I took some time to play with layouts.
My first idea with to have the four 12" blocks in the corners with the 6" blocks filling the rest:
But I realized that this would make the 12" squares hard to see on a bed because they would be hanging off the edges. So I looked at a layout that would put them in the centre, sort of like a medallion quilt:
Yes, I have a new block to show you, but I'll do that in its own post later this week.
And finally, briefly for now, I fell in love with a fabric line, had to have it, and had to start a new project with it right away.