Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tulip Fields Socks: Finished

Let's continue celebrating Socktoberfest by looking at my most favourite socks:
It's getting to be that time of year when the light is short and my work days are long, so these are all the pictures I managed to get of these socks!
These socks had a most unusual construction which I discussed before. I made them a little different than the pattern in that I started at the top of the leg with a provisional cast on so I could pick up the stitches later and do ribbing at the end and use up every bit of yarn. (Or, in case I ran out of ran, I could work a cuff in a contrasting or complementary colour.)

I also worked the stripes with intarsia across half the sock. I.e. after the heel, I went down the sole making the three stripes, and then did a short row toe and went up the top of the foot and front of the leg with three more stripes, attaching it to the first half as I went. I really enjoyed doing it this way and plan to make my own like that, once I choose the yarn and get to it.

My own? Yes, these socks are a gift so even though I love them so much, I will not be keeping them!

Project Stats
Started
: 12 Jul '14
Finished: 23 Aug '14
Pattern: Stripe Tease by General Hogbuffer
Materials: Katia Darling, 2 skeins in colour 208 (€9.90)

1 comment:

  1. fantastic-looking socks. I found your posts by looking up intarsia in the round, and went from your whistler sweater, to your circle socks and now these. I'm a brand new knitter, just started a month ago, knit a pair of socks (yup, I started with socks, because that's *why* I started knitting) and now I'm on my second pair of socks. I want to figure out how to do intarsia in the round because I want to design a pair of socks that will need it, I think. Anyways, I love love love these stripey socks and the circle socks you made. Also, your description of intarsia in the round is the first one I read that made sense to me. Your many photos and the writing was very comprehensible to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...