Thursday, August 29, 2019

Plaidish Done-ish

Picture from Kitchen Table Quilting.
Pattern is "Plaidish"
Remember the Plaidish Quilt I was working on?

It didn't take long after my last post about it to finish sewing all the blocks. Soon after that I took them to church and laid them out on the tables there:
I laid them out in whatever order they were piled up in. Although there wasn't much I could do to "organize" them in any particular way, I did a little rearranging based on colours but not very much. I did convert the picture to black and white to check my values.
My darks could be a lot darker, but it worked well enough. To get some pieces light enough, I used the back side of the fabric, but you don't have that option to make a fabric darker!

You may notice in the pictures above that there are two empty spots. Despite my organization and counting everything at least twice, I still ended up two blocks short! Maybe that had something to do with the fact that I was working on two quilts at once. ;) I had my extra bits and pieces (I cut more than I needed in some cases) with me so I put together the blocks while I had it all laid out.

This week I was itching to put them together and I managed to do so!
I don't have immediate plans to quilt it, so I hung it on my wall so I can enjoy it. One great thing about this scrap quilt is that I could use fabrics I categorize as "multi coloured". Most of my scrap projects are organized by colour and it's hard to use fabrics that have more than one major colour. In this quilt, it didn't matter as long as they were the same value.

Linking up with Oh Scrap! on Quilting is More Fun than Housework.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen a few of these quilts lately, but this is definitely one of my faves! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also seen a few. Love your quilt. Dang, now I think I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great exercise in value placement. I, too, have some muti-colored fabrics that are some times hard to fit into a quilt. Thanks for the example.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...