Friday, March 1, 2019

Dobby Sock Bookmarks

Catching up with Christmas knitting, here are some cute gifts I knit up through the last few months of the year.

I used the A Bookmark for Dobby pattern by Kay Jones of the Bakery Bears podcast and I knit lots of little bookmarks.

I immediately connected with the idea of a sock bookmark since Dobby the elf received a sock (and his freedom) in a book. I just love that story line of the Harry Potter books.
Two socks knit on the drive to a birthday party in September
and a third started that was finished during the party!
Each sock took a couple hours -- it helped that I didn't have to make a pair! :) The pattern was easy to memorize and it's not the end of the world if you miscount a row for two.
Once I had a bunch of socks, I made little tags to insert in the sock to give them a crisp finished look and to drive home the point.
I gave them to several children of friends and my niece, who all seemed to enjoy them.
A great project to use up a lot of my scraps and very fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...