last post. I forgot to include a cute little coaster that I made with a "slab" of red fabrics. This was my warm up project before I made the mug rugs.
I used a leftover piece of batting that was cut off of my orange and grey zig zag quilt. And for the backing, I used the fabric from that quilt which was still attached to the batting.
The size was limited by the size of the batting and backing that I had. It's a little smaller than I would have made it otherwise but I'm ok with that.
I added some straight line quilting. The lines are probably even close enough together to be considered match stick quilting.
I changed the direction of the lines one time to match an angle of a piece on the front.
The coaster has been put to use at work. I'm glad to finally replace the coaster I inherited from the last person--it had a picture of a man in a kilt doing a reverse Marilyn. And no, you didn't have to wonder if he was wearing anything under his kilt as his bare backside was showing! I have been using the coaster upside down for years, but I'm much happier using this new one. :)
Substitutes......... - Some of the strips in this Trip Around the World aren't full width. If I had enough fabric I cut one extra strip and then cut a piece from it to finish t...
5 hours ago