The haystack block was just a matter of adding strips to an ever-increasing center. I didn't like all of the fabrics that were in the "kit" I made earlier, so I replaced a few.
This block was proof that my seams are a little big. I stitched by hand and made sure to stitch inside the marked quarter-inch line, but apparently I need to adjust. You can see that it pulls in where there are more seams and every time I added a strip, I had to stretch it a bit to make it fit.
Here is a look at all of the blocks so far.
Here is Kim's block:
Otis and his TAW quilt top......... - Here is my 86 year old friend Otis with his finished Trip Around the World quilt top. It is 78" x 98" and you can see by his smile that he is very please...
3 hours ago