Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Block 20: Furrows

This week's block was a pretty simple affair.
Eight flying geese units arranged in columns. I debated the layout, but went with simple matched pairs (browns, blues, lilac, multi). Since it was a simple block, I decided it could handle a busier background fabric.

Here is the back:
After the flying geese units were assembled, I decided to press the rest of the seams open. The pieces just didn't lay right when they were pressed to one side.

Here are all the blocks together:
 ____________________
And here is Kim's block:
She went with a more diverse choice of colours but with mostly graphic/geometric patterns. The colours will fit in her quilt beautifully.

Kim was asking how I did my mock layout and since she doesn't have the software to do it, I put this together.
Happy surprise, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...