I have finished another pair of socks for Wool-Aid.
They are only 5.5" big. I started these socks with 20 stitches (for a short-row toe, so that would have meant 40 stitches all the way around) but after a couple rows, they looked huge.
So I took it out and started again with 16 stitches. After I finished the toe, I realized these were going to be a lot smaller than I had intended. But oh well, they will fit someone!
So I continued along. I started a 2x2 rib on the top of the foot and decided to fancy it up by doing a wrapped rib. Every third row I put a yarn-over in front of the knit stitches. After the knit 2, I pulled the yarn-over over the stitches. It acts like a rib but looks a little different. Also gives me something to do every third row.
I added a small 4-stitch gusset and then worked a short row heel on the 24 heel stitches.
Then the wrapped rib all the way up the leg and finished with Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. (I think that might need a trademark. IDK.)
They are cute and cosy! The yarn is a single ply, which isn't the prefered choice for socks but it's 15 percent mohair and I think that will really help with the durability.
That's pair number 4 in 2015 and 9 altogether for Wool-Aid, in case you're counting! Project Stats
Started: 25 Apr '15 Finished: 18 May '15 Pattern: personal (2x2 wrapped rib) Materials: Vintage Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted (67 grams)