They didn't have a lot, but I was open to almost anything. The fabric was pretty wild so it could carry off "quirky" pretty well. I ended up with this bold pattern:
She had it all set up for me when I got there so I could dive right in! I don't remember the details, but I didn't have a lot of choice about how much fabric I got at Joann's. I guess I must of finished the bolt. I don't think it was quite as long as what I wanted, but I decided I would make do.
I started by laying it out on the carpet and folding it in fourths the long way (see above). I cut on all the folds and that gave me four strips to work with. Whatever width border I got, I got!
Next I sewed strips to opposite side of the blanket center:
When I went to put on the last two strips, you can see that I didn't quite have enough to take advantage of the full width:
|The piece that's "upside right" is where I started and the|
edges are even. The "wrong side up" piece is where
I ended the seam and I definitely didn't have enough length.
After miles and miles of rolled hem,
Here it is on my bed:
I finished it in time for a couple of warmer nights when i was glad to have our summer quilt off the bed, but I think tonight will be cold enough I will have to add another blanket again. This has been the summer of blanket musical chairs.