It took me a while (in between all my other projects) but I finally finished it this past weekend...I think.
I'm not completely satisfied with it but I'm not sure I'm going to do anything about it. (Or be able to do anything about it.) So for today, it is finished. Tomorrow, who knows...
I knit the front square in solid linen stitch. I really like how the variegated colour works in this pattern. Although there was general pooling in wide stripes that seem to wash back and forth like a tide,
When it was finally done, I had to decide how to use the little bit of curlicue yarn I have left. It certainly wasn't enough for a border. I decided to knit a little square and sew it to the middle of the pillow. Once that was done (figuring it would be easier to sew it on before it was assembled into a pillow), I found the sweater that I used for the first pillow. (This only took a month; I couldn't remember where I stashed it.) Then I cut out a back to match the size of the front:
But finally, Friday, I sewed it all together:
|All I had left of the worsted weight (left) and bulky (right)|
after the pillow was done!
What I did have was a little of the worsted weight and some leftover bulky from my Subway hat in a purple that matched perfectly.
What I ended up doing was adding big fluffy tassels:
Here are the two pillows together:
I'm calling this my Fuzzy Navel pillow.