Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Unveil

And here it is: my Pencil Sketch Camisole!

I've had it on several times now and it wears very well. My biggest concern about it being scratchy has not been a problem at all. I'm not overjoyed that the orange stripe landed right on my widest parts (shall we say), but other than that I really can't complain about the striping. I think the width of the stripes worked out great, and I'm really pleased with the balance of the overall piece.

The V neckline includes a "mock" wrap. The neckline and armholes were finished with a few rows of ribbing and a picot cast off.

Project Stats
Started: 20 Apr 09
Finished: 6 Jun 09
Pattern: Pencil Sketch Camisole by Iris G Knits, free
Materials: Evilla Artyarn 8/2 (A-30 Orange, Purple, Green), 1 skein, $34.34
Modifications: Folded picot hem, longer length, steeked arms and neck.

The picot folded hem was a nice finish to the bottom edge. I should have reduced the stitches as EZ suggests, but blocking corrects all.

What a delightful project this was for me. Simple, but with the lace to keep things interesting. And I adored the yarn: how it felt like a good sturdy old fashioned wool, and its pattern of changing colours to always keep me engaged.

I hope you are working on something right now that floats your boat as much!


[ETA: This project won a blue ribbon at the 2009 County Fair (knitted vest or shell).]

2 comments:

  1. "I'm not overjoyed that the orange stripe landed right on my widest parts (shall we say), but other than that I really can't complain about the striping."

    While I certainly respect and appreciate your opinion of how the orange stripe worked out, I think it looks positively fabulous. Hey, if you got 'em, it's ok to, ahem, emphasize them, once in a while. And hey, I'm your husband, so I certainly appreciate how it all worked out.

    troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is AWESOME!!!!! and, thanks again for being willing to share the pattern - I also will have some modifications as I am not a 30. I just love how yours striped. I am using a marled yarn so no striping nor will I add the stripe - but will most likely be re-reading your tips re: tightening the round and such when I cast on! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...