Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skirting my Baggage (Part the Last)

It didn't take much once I sat down to do it, but I recently finished my "skirt purse"!

I made the band a while ago and purchased some hardware, but it took me a while to decide to sit down and put it together. (The need wasn't quite so pressing since I had a strap that was working.)

When I took a look at the strap again and was thinking of how to attach it to the purse and put the sliding buckle on, I just couldn't bear to cut the nice twisty tassels on the ends.

So I kept it simple and just sewed the strap directly onto the purse--no sliding buckle, no adjustability.
I could have gotten the sewing machine out, but, honestly, I didn't feel like taking the care to work around the zipper on the one side. So I hand stitched it in place. And look at those twisty dreads!
If one day they get too messy or I tire of them as they are, I can always twist them more formally and knot the ends.

I don't think I showed you the magnetic closure I inserted to keep the purse closed:
I put one part on the tag because the facing was sewn down and I couldn't access the reverse side to attach the magnet. (I didn't want to bother to undo any stitches!)

The strap came out shorter than what I was hoping for, but it ended up being just right length when attached this way.
And here's another before and after for you: :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...