1. Sweater (adult): 3rd place
2. Vest (adult): 1st place
3. Pullover sweater (child): 1st place
Pictured above. It was the only child's pullover, (There was one child's cardigan, so I guess we both picked right.)
4. Hat and mitten set: 1st place
5. Item from handspun: 1st place
Picture above. I'm sure it was the only item in the category as well, but they don't have to award ribbons...
6. Any other knitted item: 3rd place
7. Quilt-twin size-machine pieced-machine quilted: 1st place!
8. Raffle quilt block: not on the quilt (top 20) but made into a pillow. (#4, so I think that means I placed 24th)
|Mine is the bottom left|
If you want to put in a bid, let me know and I'll see if I can submit it for you. (The pillows are sold on a silent auction basis. The money all supports the Home Arts building and projects.)
9. Canning-tomato juice: 1st place!
I was so busy managing the jars and helping the judges that I didn't notice I got first until I recorded the results in the book!! They did notice the seeds I was worried about, but there were problems with the other jars too.
10. Photograph b/w-animal: no place
10. Photograph colour-animal: no place
I left the fair grounds on Saturday a little dejected because I could already tell that my quilt block wasn't on the quilt. But writing up a summary like this, it's starting to feel like I did pretty well. I remember last year a good percentage of my ribbons were in photography and not craft. It looks like I turned that on its head this year. :)
And now it's time for bed. I managed to stay awake to write this (I knew you were waiting to find out) but now I've got to sleep...