Last time you saw the brown "shell" I'm knitting, progress had made it to the waist. In the week since then, I have finished the hip increases and the fold-under hem at the bottom. Then I added an edging around the arms. (As far as I can tell, there's none written in the pattern, but the stockingnette stitch curls under terribly.)
Tonight I finished sewing the hem in place and managed to get it blocked:
I'm pretty bummed. I had brief thoughts about ripping it all out. And I had an even briefer thought about just ripping the front section back and trying to knit up just that section. (It would be a nightmare.)
So I will live with it. And try to remember next time that if I want to follow a pattern, I should actually read it.
Section sewn............. - Yesterday I cleared off three tables, finished basting my friend's quilt, mixed two batches of cookie dough and got a ten row section sewn on my other fri...
7 hours ago