My sewing machine got pulled out today, and I ended up working on my 2014 County Fair quilt square. Remember my prototype?
But then I measured the final block and it's 12".
It's supposed to finish at 12" which means it should currently measure 12.5"
This makes me sad.
My prototype was alright, but apparently I made my seams a little too big this time around. (Or cut the pieces a little small. Or ???) Since I got it done a few months ahead of time, I have time to decide whether I'm going to submit it anyway and try my luck for a ribbon. (Not very satisfying as it will be rejected without mercy for not meeting the very clear size requirement, and won't be able to be used in the quilt whether they want to or not.) Or figure out some way to fix it, even though I don't have enough fabric to do it again.
Part of the idea of doing this block today was to get it "off the pile" and clean up one thing. But now it's back on the pile. :sigh:
Otis and his TAW quilt top......... - Here is my 86 year old friend Otis with his finished Trip Around the World quilt top. It is 78" x 98" and you can see by his smile that he is very please...
3 hours ago