Ha...that would be me too (two).
So I dyed some yarn, and I was dying to use it. I looked around for a pattern and found this Ziggy Cowl:
Although speaking of bulky, look at the difference between the original yarn and the dyed stuff:
The cowl is a straightforward piece of work. It's knit "in the flat" and Kitchenered together at the end to make a tube. Since I can't resist a Kitchener picture, here it is:
The only change I made to the pattern was to add the purple border to each side. I didn't like the zig zags going right to the edge; it didn't seemed finished. Plus it meant the two yarns carried up the side edge, but with the borders, they're hidden on the wrong side. A little "knitter's choice" I made there.
While making the cowl, I really thought that it needed a matching hat. I thought about it while knitting the cowl and decided to make it the same way. I cast on only 29 stitches and put the border on one edge only. When the rectangle was long enough to reach around my head, I Kitchenered it together.
Then I took the yarn end and pulled it through the stitches all around the top edge.
Super fast projects; lots of fun!
It’s still a thing - A few weeks ago, it was PWA‘s 30th anniversary. This is charity I hold near and dear to my heart, as you’ve probably gathered. I sit on the steering commi...
9 hours ago