Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ends and Beginnings

I finished the knitting on my ZigZag skirt on leap day. Here is a glimpse of the garter band I used to finish the bottom.
It came out a little longer than I was planning but I just couldn't stop! (Just one more colour, I kept thinking.)

And then I got attacked by the Pink Tshirt and didn't pick up the skirt again until tonight. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the many inches of ends facing me:
Two ends to work in for each stripe. It would have been more if I hadn't used the grey all the way down.

Tonight I started at the bottom and worked in the half that need to be sewn to the left. I don't know if this looks any better:
but that is only half as many to sew in. Once I make it to the top, I will flip the skirt over and work in the other half in the opposite direction. It's a good way to feel like you're making more progress and you don't have to flip the skirt over all the time.

Tomorrow I am meeting Isaac at the airport and I realized that I did not have a suitable project to bring along. Oh sure, I could have worked on the second (thicker) hat for Troy that I bought yarn for last week, or I could have worked on the cowl I was designing but then dropped like a hot potato. I could have even started some cotton dish cloths that I need to make. But no, no, no.

Instead, I search Ravelry tonight and bought a new sock pattern and gathered up some tools so I could start them tomorrow. I'm using my first Malabrigo sock and have high hopes for them.
It's a little risky to only take one project along (if you hit an insurmountable road block, you're stuck with nothing to do!) but I'm going to take that chance. Troy thinks I'm a gambling knitter; I may as well live up to his expectations!

1 comment:

  1. So many ends, yikes.
    But so worth the time and effort for this great skirt.
    I love that sock pattern you've picked, can't wait to see progross on these.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...