It has been a few weeks since Kim and I finished this block--Block #41 is the Water Turn:
After I had the flying geese made and was sewing them together into pairs, I noticed that I sewed one of them with the green fabric wrong side out. Even though I had already trimmed the "flippy corner", I thought I could undo the hand stitching and sew the pieces on the right way. So I did so and it went ok.
But then when I went to put the pair together, the green fabric was wrong side out. I thought I looked over all of them when I discovered the first wrong one to see if there were any more to fix, but there it was. I just fixed the second one the same as the first, but honestly I'm still not sure if I missed the second mistake piece when I looked them over or if I took apart the first piece and sewed it back together wrong again!!
Here are all of the blocks done so far:
Here is Kim's block:
Substitutes......... - Some of the strips in this Trip Around the World aren't full width. If I had enough fabric I cut one extra strip and then cut a piece from it to finish t...
5 hours ago