This week's block was the Winter Star. Obviously we did not keep the seasons in mind as we scheduled the blocks. It's been warm and gorgeous this week.
The pattern starts by making these units:
All this is to say that I sewed the four units like this together on a wing and a prayer and had one come out good enough to keep. The other three I had to undo half of the seam to fix one of the points. I still considered it a victory to have one of the points work out in each unit. :) With the second sewing, the rest of the points were good (enough). And I could move on.
The rest of the pieces were fairly straight forward and the block went together like this:
And here are all the blocks done so far in a virtual layout:
Here is Kim's block:
5 blocks designed......... - I started designing star blocks in the morning yesterday. This photo is daylight from west windows on a cloudy day. This one was designed after lunc...
2 hours ago