I have finished another sweater for Wool-Aid. It was knit quite some time ago, but there were a lot of ends to weave in and apparently I didn't feel like seaming! :)
I think it sat in my living room for a couple months before I finally picked it up again. It look two tries but I did get all the ends worked in and seams sewn.
It's the same pattern I did previously in pink. I'll probably do more of them for Wool-Aid because it so closely matches the type of sweater that they need. I especially like the wide neck that will get over a head easily (an issue in children's wear) but with a collar that wears close and warm.
I took the stripe pattern from the original sweater I raveled for the wool. I liked the stripe pattern for one thing. But I also figured it was a good way to make sure there was enough yarn of each color.
It came out very close! There was less than 1 gram of the gold left, 3 of the grey and 7 of the natural.
I had thought about more stripes on the collar, but with the amount of yarn I had left, I went with a simple white stripe:
I think it's a nice touch to set off the collar without being too overwhelming.
I really enjoyed knitting this sweater. The yarn was not too heavy and was nice to work with. I like the colours too. It's a little larger than the last one and I couldn't think of anyone to model it for you.