I had Troy try them on along the way and had him try on the finished sock as well. They were "snug" but I carried on with the second sock. By mid-August, having completed the one sock, I was determined to have the pair done by September 9th, the date of our actual anniversary. I made it: 8 pm, September 9th they were done.
Troy obligingly tried them on that evening and although we could get them on his feet (yes, "we" since I actually had to help!), it really was no longer realistic to say they "fit." It was very disappointing.
So that is what I am doing.
It took me a while to take pictures (socks in timeout do not get their picture taken) so that is why I am sharing these so long after they were finished.
To make sure the leg fit, I added increases on either side of the center six stitches, incorporating the new stitches into the rib pattern:
I've made one pair of socks out of this yarn and, although I don't think it's the most durable, they are by far the comfiest socks I have. The yarn is soft and fuzzy in all the right ways.
I actually started the socks in early November because I needed a project I could take to the Notre Dame game.
|(It wasn't the best pattern for knitting|
in the near dark, but I made do.)
All this is to say that this sock is having an exciting time of it. I have the first one done up to the final ribbing and have the second one done to the gusset. (It's with me in Missouri right now so still traveling!) I seemed to have made enough notes to make the second one match the first. (Always a plus.)
Yes, Troy has tried them on and we agree that they fit. I hope this time we are right...