Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone have a Pedestal? (gush alert)

I have to give a shout out to a fabulous knitter, Hiroko, that I just found on Ravelry. Her RavId is roko. If you're not on Ravelry, you can check out her flickerstream or her blog. It's in Japanese, but the pictures alone make it worth it. (She does have a "translate" function which lists almost a dozen languages. You should be able to find one that works for you. Of course, you may end up with phrases like the following:
When you change the design of the short sleeve high-necked dress to the long sleeve turtle [the Cabled Pullover] became the sweater of feeling.
"the sweater of feeling"? I guess a little poetry with your knitting is ok!)

Her projects are amazing, superbly done and she gives detailed instructions for her modifications. From what I've been able to check out, her projects (and project pictures) often outshine the "official" pattern pictures in Ravelry. Really amazing.

Check out a few examples:
Completely awesome cabled sweater dress
To die for pleated T
Just one of her felted bags we all wish we had
And to top it off she makes head pieces for her dog each year to celebrate the Chinese zodiac animal of that year. Her poor dog in the Year of the Ox (Cow)

Inspiring and a sense of humour.

I'm sending a lot of love her way...my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...