Friday, November 13, 2009

NaKniSweMo 2009 Progress

I don't think I've given you a look at my February Fitted Pullover yet. (I will disclaim that this is not very close to the actual colour. It's actually a deep burgundy with a lot of red in it. Very hard to capture in a pic, I must say.)

This is the lace pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann's February Baby Sweater which became very popular transformed into the February Lady Sweater, and now has also become a very lovely fitted pullover.

The garter stitch cuffs (bottom of above picture) are a very nice tribute to EZ herself who used garter often and brilliantly.
I was able to finish both sleeves and have them blocking. Too late, I realized that I should have knit the yoke all in one piece (like the Woven Cables Sweater) because seaming this lace is going to be a pain in the butt. But, oh well, I'll manage.

The back and front are cast on (in the round,--no side seams, at least) and I have the cuff done and a couple repeats of the lace pattern. Progress has been slowed since I decided that my evenings should be occupied with "must do" projects (Christmas gifts, items for the Red Purl sale, and even other non-knitting chores) and I would leave "just for fun" projects for lunch breaks. (Would it be pessimistic to notice that since deciding that, my lunches have been interrupted and/or foreshortened?)

But back to the NaKniSweMo project, I have been diligently keeping track of all my stitches. And how many stitches do I have? 13,178 and counting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...